Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Whimsy Stamps Guest Designer!

Good morning everyone!

I'm thrilled to share my card with you today because I was invited to be the Guest Designer for the August challenge at Whimsy Stamps! Thank you ladies! 

The challenge theme this month is... Back To School and my card features the fabulous Little Geek image- illustrated by Marika Collins... 
I colored her with Copics and boy did I have a hard time with her hair! I even did a little shading with Prisma Pencils and I just couldn't get the 'higlights/lowlights' to show up in the photo- but one good thing is that her hair color matches the brad in the center of the flower! LOL! Oh well... I had so much fun making this card and I love how it turned out... it's perfect for my niece who will be starting her freshman year of college soon! 

Well, that's all for now- thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over to Whimsy Stamps to join the Back to School fun!

Challenges I would like to enter:
Artistic InspirationsAnything Goes/ Back to School
Crafter's Cafe- Lots of Layers
Crafting By Designs- Vintage/Shabby Chic
Crafting from the Heart- Always Anything Goes
Come and Get ItIt's All About Dies
Opus Gluei- A Good Read
Papertake WeeklyAnything Goes
Simon Says Stamp MondayIn the family (card for my niece) 
The Kraft Journal- Dictionary Pages + Kraft CS

Other supplies used:
designer papers: MME, Kraft CS
Sentiments: Postage stamp- Whimsy stamps/ other words- Teresa Collins
Dies/Punches: QuicKutz- photo corners & tab, Lifestyle Crafts- notebook paper, Cuttlebug die- flower & small $1 heart punch
Misc: old dictionary & Vintage Photo Distress Ink 

13 comments:

jimlynn said...

Tammy, this is WOW!!! Love that design you used and the yellows and reds are perfect together. That big bloom just tops it off!
Big congrats on being the guest designer too! Very exciting!
Lynn

Sari / Granne said...

Awesome image and love your choise of papers. Thank you for joining Artistic Inspirations, good luck.

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Tammy!! such a fab image and your colouring is beautiful… I love the scrummy papers and embellies… the little flower is very pretty! :-)
Big Congrats on your GDT Spot!! so pleased for you!
Hope all is well with you
Big hugs Sue xx

Electra said...

What a fun image this is! The quintessential teenager. I love the colours you have sued and congratulations on your GDT spot! Thanks for joining us at Opus Gluei!

Davi said...

Love this image and your coloring is GREAT Tammy!!The different layers and distressing look wonderful with her and I love the flower to gow ith her too! Have a great day:)

Pia S said...

She's a sweet little geek, with really cool hair! Nice distressing and color combo, love the detail of the note pad paper too.

Michelle said...

Hi Tammy! Your niece is going to love this! You did a great job coloring her. I like the embellishments too. Thank you for sharing your card with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

Karen Letchworth said...

This is adorable, Tammy. Thanks so much for sharing with us in this week's Dictionary Pages Challenge.
Karen
The Kraft Journal

Cindy van Oorschot said...

This is really cute, Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It.
Cindy DT

Desire Fourie said...

Tammy this is stunning with the vibrant red. Your colouring is amazing and I love the layered flower with the text paper. Huge congrats on your well deserved gdt position.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Chat Noir said...

Great image Tammy...and I especially like the flower made from pages too. You can see I like re-purposing books too. Thanks for joining in with us at Opus Gluei.

Meighan Wheller said...

A sweet image Tammy. Love the layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Come and Get It, we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT

crafty-stamper said...

congrats on your GDT spot and fabulous card love the image and beautiful papers and love the flower
-thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
Carol DT x